Monday, February 11, 2013

Called Out Quartet Announces Change

From Called Out Quartet's email newsletter of February 8, 2013:


A Season of Change for CO4
As the vocal group, THE BYRDS, used to sing "To everything, turn,turn,turn,...There is a season, Turn Turn.." oh well, you get the drift. It seems as though the season of change is upon CO4. The time has come to announce the departure of our bass singer, Von Gaines and baritone, Darrell Collier. Von and Darrell were both a part of CO4 from the beginning in 2003 and will be greatly missed by "the guys" of CO4 and fans both. Darrell was one of the most natural Baritone singers (and Emcee) that has ever set foot on the stage, and Von was one of the finest Bass singers ever to sing the Bass part. We will miss them and our love and prayers go with Darrell, Von and their families as they move on to the next step God has for their lives. Below are statements from both Darrel and Von about their Departures...

Darrell Collier
For those of you who know me, you know how much I love southern gospel music. However, it is time that I resign from my position as baritone vocalist for the Called Out Quartet. I will be working with them as they find a replacement and helping them during this transition in any capacity I can. I have been blessed to do what I love and enjoy for many years but as I've gotten older, the traveling and long nights have taken its toll on me. I have been privileged to meet some of the most wonderful people in the world and would have never had that opportunity without CO4!
To "the guys", thank you for all your support and work you do for the Lord and for being awesome friends! I love you all more than you'll ever know! To Eddie and Ms. Janice, thanks for the encouragement and guidance you have shown me over the years and for your lifelong commitment to southern gospel music and to serving the Lord.
Remember, it's not goodbye, it's see you later!
Blessed,
Darrell


Von Gaines
To all the friends I've come to know so well over the last 9 plus years as I've been blessed to be a small part of Called Out Quartet, I've got a bittersweet announcement that I truly thought would never come. Back in early December the good Lord (and this could have only come from God) blessed me with an incredible job opportunity here in Nashville flying for Vanderbilt Hospital's LifeFlight air ambulance service. At first I thought I could find some way to hang on to my cherished spot in the quartet all while taking care of my responsibilities at LifeFlight, but after a few weeks it was apparent that it could not work out. I talked to the guys, and consulted with our dear friend Eddie Crook and came to the conclusion that for the better of the group I needed to step aside. The decisions made have been very difficult as my heart is truly in the ministry that Called Out Quartet has done and will continue to do. I know that as the Lord opened this opportunity for me, He will be with and bless the group even more than I have witnessed Him to do through the years. Please pray for Darrell, Scott, and Marty as they seek the Lord's will and know that though I may not be with them week in and week out, I'll always consider myself a "Called Out Quartet guy" and will support them every possible way I can. I'll miss you all more than you will ever know...Von Gaines


Continuing On...
Though departures are not easy, we are very excited to announce a new edition to the group with Dillon Clemons taking over the roll of Bass singer for CO4. Many of the folks up North already had the opportunity to meet & hear Dillon last month when he went for a long run through Michigan & Ohio with us. The response to Dillon was incredible and the overwelming consensus of the crowds was that he would be a good fit. Dillon is 19 years old and is from Nashville, Tennessee. He is a student at Middle Tennessee State University, where he is majoring in Elementary Education to become a teacher. More info on Dillon will be coming soon, so stay tuned.

Due to the departure of Darrell (who has offered to fill in until a replacement is found) we are now scheduling auditions for the Baritone position. For more information or to schedule an audition contact us at CalledOut@CalledOutQuartet.com or call 615-332-5500.

Please pray for us as we go through this season of change. Change is never easy, but we have the promise that all things work together for good.

Until we see you on the road...

Blessings,
Marty, Scott and all the guys of CO4
http://www.calledoutquartet.com/

Now Scheduling Auditions for Baritone
For more information: Send us an E-Mail or call us at 615-332-5500.

Now Booking Dates for 2013
We are now booking dates for 2013. To book Called Out Quartet at your Church or Event
Send us an E-Mail or call us at 615-332-5500.

No comments:

Post a Comment