Friday, February 15, 2013

Singer/Author Sharon Terrell Passes Away


From John Lanier
February 14, 2013:

I just received word that my precious friend and "RiverSong" singing partner Sharon Terrell passed away this morning around 11am ET in an Atlanta area hospital.

As you know, Sharon had been battling cancer for the past 5 or 6 years, and through it all God did some miraculous things in her life. Sharon never lost faith and it can truthfully be said that she fought a good fight. Her strength, faith and determination to hold to God's unchanging hand through the darkest storms was an amazing witness and encouragement to me.

My heart is broken, and tears flow as I type this. I already miss her terribly. Still, I know God is head over all things, and He chose to take her home today.

Not only was she one of the finest singers I had ever had the privilege to sing alongside, but she and her husband Greg have been two of my best friends for many years.

I will post more later in honor and in loving memory of my friend and singing partner Sharon. For now, I ask that you please keep Greg and the Terrells two daughters, Sadie and Autumn, in your prayers.

Thank you,
John Lanier
http://www.johnlanier.com/home.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment