Sunday, August 21, 2011

News from Ernie Haase and Signature Sound


Hey Friends, Ernie Here!

We're really excited to be coming to these following cities this weekend. Come and see the new and exciting EHSS!

August 18th, 2011 - Nampa, ID - Nampa First Nazarene
August 19th, 2011 - Kelowna, BC Canada - Evangel Church
August 20th, 2011 - Chilliwack, BC Canada - Chilliwack Alliance
August 21st, 2011 - Chehalis, WA - SW Washington Fair Grounds


I wanted to share a couple of things with you.

First, StowTown Records (Wayne & I) are proud to announce our junior release, The Collingsworth Family’s new recording called “Part of the Family.”
ORDER THE PRE-SALE OF THIS PRODUCT NOW
This project releases on September 6th, 2011
*Only during the pre-sale period this product is $12.95 instead of the regular price of $15.95 (We wanted to do FREE SHIPPING but can't with our web store so thus the price point)
However this is a pre-sale offer and is only valid until midnight eastern on September 6th, 2011.
You will receive your product on or before the release date of September 6th, 2011 and all order containing pre-sale product will be held in their entirety until the pre-sale product ships.
This talented family has been turning so many heads and countless hearts that we (Wayne and I) feel very blessed and fortunate to be able to partner with them in exposing their gifts to you.
If you can imagine the Von Trapp Family (The Sound of Music) on steroids then you’ve got The Collingsworth Family.
They are Mom and Dad and four sweet kids making harmonies that are unmatched in the Gospel music world today. Wholesome, sincere and talented are three words that best describe the Collingsworth Family.

Many of you who are on this email list are new. Each night, we have hundreds sign up to be on our list and to that we say thank you and hello to all our new E-Team readers.
So, let me remind all of you old friends, and the new friends, that our very own Doug Anderson has recorded his first solo CD. It’s called “Dreaming Wide Awake.” It is the sophomore release from StowTown Records and it is full of Doug’s great voice and heart. Pick it up and enjoy it over and over again.

In closing, I’d like to share a personal story/devotional and a perspective.

On Doug’s solo CD, there is a song that has moved me lately to see things a bit different. The song is called, “I’ll Take What’s Left.”

Let me explain.

Most of you do not know this, but I have been fighting knee problems for the past few years. Nothing major, just a torn meniscus in the right knee that took way longer to heal after a minor surgery in 2007. And most recently, I have been dealing with the same thing in my left knee. I’m waiting till Christmas to get this fixed. So, no running outside, no jumping off stages (l think that may have been the tipping point) and no more (wait for it …. listen to the sobs from your tenor boy here) NO MORE BASKETBALL.

The other day we were singing in Arnold Park, IA and the facility had a brand new basketball floor and I could not play with the guys. I know it is not the end of life and not worthy to compare to major problems, but indulge me a bit here.

So, I took my iPod and went for a walk. A mile into the walk I was next to the beautiful Lake Okoboji Resort. A cool breeze was blowing and sailboats were at full mast. Kids were playing on the beach and some of the loveliest little cottages lined the streets. I was touched by what I saw. I thought, “I wished I could have played ball today, but man I’m glad I saw this part of God’s creation.”

The next week I’m home with Lisa we decided to buy some new bikes. Not the kind Lance Armstrong would ride. No, these are built for slow, long rides. Lisa and I went on a trail right behind my house that used to be an old railroad track. I think the odometer said 20 miles after our long relaxing ride. What a great time! We saw things that were practically in my backyard that I have never seen before in the 20 plus years of living there. And the best part is that I was with my baby.

On the way back, we passed some boys playing basketball and I thought, “That would have been me playing ball at the park with guys I don’t even know.” I then began to think of the chorus Doug’s new song. Here it is …..

I’ll Take What’s Left

“I’ll take what’s left
What broken and shattered
I’ll find the pieces you have lost
I’ll take what’s left
No matter where they’ve scattered
I’ll take you just the way you are
There’s no need to spend another day
Feeling like you do
I’ll take what’s left and MAKE IT NEW.”
(Words and Music by Wayne Haun & Joel Lindsey)

I took what was left, went with it and look what God gave us; He wove us both a beautiful day. If I had my way, I’d been playing basketball.

I’m sharing this with you not to tell you that God made my knee to hurt or to receive any pity. What I am saying is this:

God creates. God created everything out of nothing.

All that we see, and things we choose not to see He made out of darkness and nothingness.

Remember the little boy in the Gospels who had just a few pieces of bread and fish? What did Jesus do with that? He took what was left and fed thousands. People make the point of the story to be all about the miracle, but the major point of the story, to me, is that Jesus took what he had left.

God knows what broken pieces you have to offer Him. You think it is not much, but God sees potential to create. Do you really think God stopped creating after day 6? NOPE! He is still the creator and He is taking broken pieces of lives and making something new everyday.

The point is this, BRING WHAT’S LEFT TO HIM!

What little finances you have left. What little love you have left in your heart. The shattered pieces of your hopes and dreams. The fragments of trust that have been broken by abuse and neglect. The rusty and dusty talents that have lain dormant for years. Don’t concentrate on what you’ve lost. Bring to Jesus all that you have left and watch Him create something fresh and new.

My mentor Bill Gaither says to me all the time, “Ernie, life is a series of losses. The longer you live, the more you loose. Learn to lose with Grace.”

Bill is not talking about sports here. He is talking about the game of life. The older we get, the more our bodies slow down. The more people we know and love the more possibilities of loss of relationship to death and/or separation. The older we get, the more possibilities for careers to end.

But either we believe God is still the creator and can make something beautiful with what we have left or, by our actions and our continued efforts of filing our lives with counterfeit gods we are saying, “God is not in the business of creating anymore.”

Each day I live, I want to give God what I have left: my voice, my writing, my laughter, my ability to entertain, my love, my heart, my money, my all. And guess what? Each day I live all those things are decaying and slowly leaving its toll on me. But I am excited to see what God will create from what’s left. I’ve got to believe this or I’ll go crazy. I have to continue to choose, and remind myself each day, that God is creating and making something new that is a portal to His glory.

To my fellow brothers and sisters, let’s put God on display and give Him what’s left. Can you feel hope rising within? I hope!

Oh What A Savior,
Ernie

No comments:

Post a Comment