Thursday, September 23, 2010

News from Daniel Riley of Gold City




Whew! I've finally had a few minutes to stop, breathe and gather my thoughts. This past month, it seems we have been going full throttle, with little time to slow down. I'll do my best to recap what we've been up to.

National Quartet Convention 2010
Last week, we were in Louisville, KY for NQC 2010. We had a great year! We performed on the main stage Monday, Wednesday and Saturday nights. We were also honored to be asked to sing at Daywind's Fire In the Choir Showcase, as well as Bill Gaither's Homecoming Sing-A-Long. It is such a busy week, but we always enjoy getting to see our friends from all across the country, and even other countries. Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth and said hello!

Welcome Bryan Elliott
I would like you to welcome Bryan Elliott to the Gold City family. Bryan is joining us as our new pianist. He has a long history in Southern Gospel music, with tenures with the Anchormen, Palmetto State Quartet and most recently, the Perrys. We've all known Bryan for many years, so it's more than bringing a pianist on board. We're adding a long-time friend. He will be playing for us starting this Thursday in Franklin, TN. Be sure to come by our table and tell Bryan how glad you are to have him a part of Gold City.

Gold City Reunion
For the first time in 18 years, the lineup of Brian Free, Ivan Parker, Mike Lefevre and Tim Riley took the stage, in Louisville, KY, at NQC, for the 100th Anniversary Celebration. As soon as the group was introduced, the entire crowd was on their feet. They remained standing through the first song. The three songs performed were, "When I Get Carried Away," "I Think I'll Read It Again," and "Midnight Cry."
I sat in the audience like a little kid. My two favorite groups have always been Gold City and the Singing Americans. Seeing these two groups on stage, really took me back to my childhood. I could have sat there and listened all day!

Brand New Music
New music has arrived!! We have released two brand new CDs over the last two weeks. The first CD is A Collection of Favorites Volume 1. We all sat down and came up with songs we loved, or that had influenced us earlier in our life. This CD includes songs such as, "We'll Soon Be Done With Troubles And Trials," "There Is A River," "Rainbow Of Love," and "He Hideth My Soul."
The second CD is Tim Riley - Lifetime of Treasures. To make this CD happen, myself and the rest of the guys had to convince my dad to do it. I'll let you in on a little secret....He honestly doesn't think anyone will buy it! You can prove him wrong. His CD includes "Under Control," "When He Reached Down His Hand For Me," "How Big Is God," and "Blessed Assurance."
To get your copies, visit the Gold City Store, email sharon.goldcity@att.net, or call 256-492-0942.

News Courtesy of Gold City Quartet

No comments:

Post a Comment