Wednesday, January 7, 2015

COUNTRY MUSIC STARS REACT TO PASSING OF LITTLE JIMMY DICKENS


Nashville, Tenn. (January 3, 2015) - The country music industry is in mourning following the death of the iconic and beloved Little Jimmy Dickens. Dickens passed away yesterday at the age of 94.

"I have known Little Jimmy Dickens for 60 years. Little Jimmy Dickens was a little man with a big heart and the best entertainer that ever stepped on the Opry stage. Keep em laughin, Tater."
-Mel Tillis

"Little Jimmy Dickens was one of the greatest entertainers I ever knew. His country charm, sharp wit, and graciousness made him a star that everyone wanted to meet. I'll miss him very much."
-Ricky Skaggs

"Pound for pound, inch for inch, 'Tater,' he loved for us to call him 'Tater' after his big hit, 'TAKE AN OLD COLD TATER AND WAIT,' was the GREATEST ENTERTAINER in the history of the world. PERIOD!! And he was a nice man. What else can I say. I loved him and will miss him."
-Larry Gatlin

"He could give any entertainer on that stage a run for his money when it came to charming the audience. He was hilarious and a classic. It's just never gonna be the same."
-Pam Tillis

"One of the greatest things I've passed down to my boys was my friendship with Little Jimmy Dickens. We will miss him."
-Aaron Tippin

"I loved Little Jimmy Dickens. He was always such a nice, nice man to me since the first time I ever met him and I think a lot of us in the industry are going to really miss him. He was a friend to all of us. God Bless him."
-Sammy Kershaw

"This great man asked me for a picture and an autograph the first time we played the Opry. I was shocked. I know the world will feel this loss. God Bless!"
-Doug Gray / The Marshall Tucker Band

"Little Jimmy Dickens was an American original, the likes of which we will never see again. We'll miss him and his talent very much."
-The Bellamy Brothers

"There are no words to express what this does to our music community. We are honored to have shared the stage and smiles with the greatest Opry performer of all time."
-Larry Stewart / Restless Heart

"Little Jimmy Dickens was a giant in the world we call country music. A patriarch. One who stood among the legends and cast a great shadow as an entertainer. He will be greatly missed. He truly was Mighty Mouse in a rhinestone suit. Rest in Peace, Tater."
-Marty Raybon / Shenandoah

"It takes a mighty BIG person to laugh at yourself and invite others to laugh along with you. Little Jimmy made a career out of that. Of all the different art forms, nothing can compete with a good laugh. Thank you for that Jimmy and rest in peace little buddy."
-Billy Dean

"Country music and the Opry has lost a true living legend but Heaven has gained one of the funniest, sweetest, and kindest, talented spirits to ever grace its streets."
-Jeff Bates

No comments:

Post a Comment