Wednesday, April 13, 2011

News from Rick Alan King


AN OPEN LETTER FROM RICK

As many of you might already know my music ministry has been hit head on with the devastating news that my wife, Lana, has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Due to this horrible thing, my music ministry is suffering greatly. I have not been able to do any booking or future planning till we find out what lies ahead for Lana and me. As of now, Lana is going to have to undergo 6 straight weeks of radiation treatments on a daily basis. Due to her prior and ongoing health issues (COPD) we, and the doctors, have opted to not take chemo therapy. I have had to cancel some long distance concert dates and other music related conventions and meetings. I have also had some back problems lately and can’t lift the heavy sound system equipment and my transportation (the big white van) is showing some wear and tear.

With all of that said, please know that I have always tried to use any ministry finances wisely that the good Lord has provided, but this latest set back has put the brakes on any financial income and the budget is totally depleted.

I also realize that there are many other music ministries and people that are suffering as well due to the sluggish national economy and some churches/pastors and promoters are cancelling dates and not booking concerts because people are giving less, understandably so.

I am not going to be able to travel anywhere beyond three to four hours of the Nashville TN area for quite a while and to be quite honest, I rarely appear anywhere within the Nashville area. I am in need of help on this matter more than ever before.

So what I am trying to say is that, I, (we) are in need of help in any way you can, financially, booking and last but certainly not least, prayer. The later is by far the most important, not just for me, but for everyone, anywhere, anytime and anyplace and for whatever life deals them.

There is a verse from a great Dottie Rambo song “Too Much to Gain to Lose,” that says, “I’ve crossed the hot burning desert, struggling the right road to choose. Somewhere up ahead there’s cool clear water, and defeat is one word I won’t use.” I plan on holding on to that last line with ever fiber of my being.

Please pray for Rick Alan King Music Ministries and Lana’s health issues and I promise that Lana and I will return the favor. It’s our duty as Christians to do so!

Rick

P.S. My song, “Don’t Cry For Me” is still doing great on Christian radio. Please call your local Christian radio station and request it. What a song of healing and hope in dealing with the death of a loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment