Thursday, June 10, 2010

SGM Radio Blog’s Top Ten: Heaven Bound Souljahz of Christ




We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!

Heaven Bound Souljahz of Christ

Our group is called Heaven Bound Souljahz of Christ, or HBSC for short. We do what we like to call testimony rap, uplifting Christ and testifying about the things we’ve made it through in life and experienced. Group members are Yung swayvor, he raps and sings; Lil Sargent, singer/ rapper; and myself. I go by the name T.M.A.C. TELL ME ABOUT CHRIST HARRIS. I write rap and sing.

HBSC’s Top Ten by TMAC

1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?
Our latest recording is called In Jesus’ Name. My favorite song from the cd is Clean as a Christian. The message in this song is that no matter where you are from, we are all one in Christ Who has washed us all clean; hence the name Clean as a Christian.

2. What is one group highlight from the last 12 months?
One highlight for HBSC in the last 12 months I would have to say is our efforts to stop the violence in our city, Chattanooga, Tennessee. We are organizing a movement called Chattanooga Street Peace, asking local artists to come together and compile a mixtape cd and to be a part of a Stop The Violence concert in mid Summer 2010.

3. Have you been on a mission trip? If you have, where did you go? If you haven’t, would you like to and where would you want to go?
I haven’t been on a mission trip and I definitely would love to go. I would choose Africa. I think everybody wants to go to Africa to see the motherland. I recently was blessed to meet some Pastors from Africa and they asked me to send them some copies of my cd and I did, so that was cool.

4. What was the best decade for music? Favorite artist from that decade?
As a 29. almost 30 year old. I have to say the 90’s because rap music started to evolve. My favorite artist from that decade was M.C. Hammer.

5. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
If I could have any superpower I would want healing hands, that anytime I touched someone dead or sick they would recover. You know the bible speaks about that power.

6. What would be your fantasy venue, the one stage in the world where you would like to sing?
My fantasy venue would be on stage in front of the whole world all at once, and everybody praising God together, in Peace; every nation.

7. Who is your favorite Christian author/teacher/evangelist?
My favorite Teacher is Pastor Kevin L. Adams OBC from Chatt, Tn. He teaches and you can absorb what he reads or breaks down from the bible. God is truly using that man for his will.

8. Who is your most favorite Bible person/character?
My most favorite bible person, you already know - Jesus the true and living King, my Saviour, My all.

9. What is your favorite Bible verse?
My favorite bible verse is John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.
It is my favorite simply because I don’t know anybody in the world or otherwise including me who would give up their Son for some people, excuse my ebonics, who ain’t right and ain’t trying to be right. I wouldn’t have given my son up; nope, not me. So thank you God.

10. Name a character trait or fruit of the spirit you would really like to develop in your life.
The character trait or fruit of the spirit I’ve been really focusing on in 2010 is Peace. Jesus is known as the Prince of Peace and I am a Christ follower so I am working on having Peace with all men and God and promoting peace in my community, because here lately we have had a lot of shootings and killings in Chattanooga, TN.

No comments:

Post a Comment