Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dan Keeton Joins Gold City


An Open Letter from Gold City:

Brent Mitchell has decided to come off the road. As many of you know, Brent and Heather welcomed a new baby girl, Paislee, back in January. Brent says, "My 3 month old daughter, Paislee, has been very sick for the past few weeks and I feel I need to be with my family at this time. Family has always come first in my life, but I am so sad to leave my dream job. I did not think it was fair to Gold City for me to hold them back not knowing the future health of my little girl. Please pray for my family and for Paislee, that she will get through whatever her little body is going through right now. I will miss GC and cherish the little time I had there!"

Daniel Riley says, "We will miss Brent. During his time here we have grown to love him. He will always be a part of the Gold City family. I know this was a very hard decision for him, but I admire him for making the right decision."

Filling the tenor position is Dan Keeton. In an open letter to his friends, Dan shares,

"When I was 16 years old, I began singing with my first Gospel Quartet. I had already been through a childhood of pain and heartache. I had to grow up really fast. But, Grandma's box of Gospel Music and the music I heard on the radio, gave me some real heroes to look up to. I heard on the radio that the Gold City Quartet was coming to Beaver Dam, KY. That was only 25 minutes away!

I had just bought my first car, a green and rust Plymouth Volare'. I filled up with gas, bought a Coke and headed off to Beaver Dam. I got to the church 4 hours early! I waited in the parking lot for Gold City to arrive in the bus. I waited but, when they had not arrived after 30 minutes, I decided I needed another Coke.

I started driving down the road toward the corner store and coming toward the church was the big bus. I whipped her around, pulled in behind the bus and jumped out to meet The Gold City Quartet. Off they came; Brian Free, Ivan Parker, Gary Jones, Mike LeFevre and the man, Tim Riley!

The music, the band, the voices and the message I heard that very night removed all doubt. I prayed all the way home that God would allow me to sing with a quartet "just like" that one. It might take 26 years, or it might not be exactly what you asked for but, God does answer your prayers."

We are thrilled that Dan has accepted the tenor position and look forward to introducing him to our friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment