Tuesday, June 25, 2013

NELON MUSIC GROUP CONGRATULATES CARROLL MCGRUDER

June 21, 2013 (Nashville, TN) – Nelon Music Group congratulates Carroll McGruder on receiving top honors at the Broadcast Music, Inc.® (BMI) 2013 Christian Music Awards. During an invitation-only evening ceremony held on June 18, 2013, at the Nashville headquarters, Mr. McGruder was named Songwriter of the Year and honored for the song, “Saved By Grace,” published by Rex Nelon Music, a division of Nelon Music Group and performed by Triumphant Quartet.

When McGruder arrived at BMI, he was aware that he was being honored for the song, “Saved By Grace,” but he was surprised to hear his name called out as the recipient of one of the night’s highest honors, Songwriter of the Year. “To say I was shocked is an understatement,” commented McGruder. “To be allowed even the privilege of participating with such an elite group of talent and then to hear my name called…well, I can honestly say that it is a bit overwhelming. My wife, Sharon, had to pinch me and say ‘get up there, they just called your name!’”

Continuing, McGruder stated, “I am thankful to everyone that has helped me through the years. I thank God for His mercy and grace. Judy Nelon and Kelly Nelon Clark have continued to promote my material and I thank them.”

Judy Nelon, president of Nelon Music Group, shared, “Rex Nelon spent his life encouraging aspiring artists and writers. It is a joy to carry on his love of our music. Carroll L. McGruder is a shinning example of a gifted writer – his compositions are timeless!”

“Whenever Daddy told us he had a new Carroll McGruder song,” Kelly Nelon Clark recalls, “We knew right away that we would be singing it for years to come.”

McGruder was also honored for the song, “I’m Going Home With Jesus,” published by Best of Zion Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment