Thursday, August 12, 2010
SGM Radio Blog’s Top Ten: New Day
We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Southern Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!
New Day is a Texas-based southern gospel trio consisting of Bob and Pam Reeves, Kelley Matthews, and Kelley's husband, Jim, taking care of sound. We enjoy traveling and sharing the joy of serving God and making new friends along the way.
New Day’s Top Ten by Pam Reeves
1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?
Latest Recording: Faith Like That
Favorite Song: The Potter's House
Sooner or later we all end up in pieces back at the Potter's House, where He remolds us into vessels of honor.
2. What is one group highlight from the last 12 months?
Winning Trio of the Year in the South Texas Gospel Music Association and being nominated in the top 5 for Trio of the Year in the Diamond Awards.
3. What is the furthest place you have been from your current hometown?
Kentucky (until next week when go to Alaska)
4. What was the best decade for music? Favorite artist from that decade?
This decade (2000’s) and favorite artist: The Perrys
5. Brush with greatness…who have you met that you couldn’t wait to tell your friends and family about?
We had the privilege of singing with Brian Free and are still talking about how genuinely nice he was!
6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Load and unload sound equipment with a twitch of our nose.
7. Who is your favorite Christian author/teacher/evangelist?
8. What is your favorite Bible verse?
9. Name a song that once it gets stuck in your head you can’t get it out.
It's a small world after all!
10. What is the last book you read?