Friday, August 9, 2013

Three Bridges’ Lead Singer, Shannon Smith, Graduates From Ohio Christian University

Nashville, TN (August 8, 2013) Nothing spells success like never quitting. That is exactly the way Three Bridges Lead singer, Shannon Smith feels. Graduating Summa Cum Laude on June 30, 2013 with a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in Music and Leadership. Shannon has done what few people ever accomplish. He went back to school..... and finished.

Three Bridges, Baritone and Manager, Elliott McCoy said “I'm beginning to feel like the low man on the totem pole in my own group. We are very proud of what Shannon has achieved. I know it wasn't easy for him, because we watched him put in long hours studying on the bus, and still be prepared to hit the stage running night after night.”

Smith said, “I attended a Bible college straight out of high school and then completed most of the work for a Vocal Performance degree at the University of South Carolina from 1987 – 1990. Then my son came along a bit earlier than planned and I never found the time or opportunity to finish my degree. A couple of years ago, I saw an opportunity to finish my degree at OCU through their online program and I knew it was God’s time. It only took me 29 years to get my degree but at least I’m finished before my kids!”

Three Bridges is an Award winning group that transcends age and genres to share the Gospel with all who will listen.

****
About Three Bridges
Three Bridges music is rooted in traditional ”southern Gospel” and ”black Gospel” music. This blended style has made Three Bridges an internationally-acclaimed Gospel group — one that is known for tight harmonies, a unique vocal style, an exciting and energy packed stage presence and, most importantly, for spreading the joy of the Good News of Christ. They have entertained and ministered to millions through their recordings, TV appearances and live shows — which is why Three Bridges has quickly become one of the most prominent Gospel groups in Christian music today.
Following the release of the critically-acclaimed debut album, Soldiers (2002), Three Bridges has wowed packed-out venues across the nation…from Gospel singings, business conventions, churches, political meetings, TV shows, charitable relief events – all the way to Air Force One! They have also appeared on many of the Bill Gaither Homecoming video tapings and were special guests on a video for the United Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment