Monday, October 28, 2013

Jim Sheldon Nominated For New Artist and Song of the Year At AMG Awards

Danville, KY (October 25, 2013) The Positive Cowboy, Jim Sheldon, has again been nominated for multiple awards. This time at the AMG Heritage Awards which will take place on November 9th at 7:00 pm at the beautiful Broadcast Group studios and theater in Fort Mill, South Carolina.
Jim has been nominated in the New Artist category as well as the prestigious Song of the Year category.
“I Would Crawl All The Way To The Cross” has gotten the nod for the Song of the Year nomination.
The song is a powerful ballad which was also made into a video and has gotten the attention of thousands from such places as YouTube.com and AbsolutelyGospel.com.
Though Jim is no stranger to Gospel Music, he is breaking new ground in the Country Gospel field.
Known as the Positive Cowboy on the new television series 'The Music City Show', Jim is setting a new image for himself and gaining new fans everywhere he goes.
Jim said “I do not sing for any Award, the message of the songs is why I sing, however, the honor of having the respect of my peers who nominated me is overwhelming.”
The host for this years show is none other than Grammy Award winning music legend, Chubby Checker. Joining him on the show this year to name a few are, Dino (Chariots of Fire), Lynn Anderson (Rose Garden), The Dixie Melody Boys, Stella Parton and many many more.
You can reach Jim Sheldon at http://www.jimsheldonmusic.com or https://www.facebook.com/jim.sheldon .

Jim can be reached by E-mail at puttinggod1st@yahoo.com .

****

About Jim Sheldon
After serving many years as music minster, there was a void yet filled. In 1994, joined my first gospel quartet. Immediately, I knew singing gospel music was God's true calling for my life. He confirmed this with a paraphrase of Proverbs 3:6 - "In everything you do put God first, He will direct and crown your efforts with success."

My greatest inspiration came from Glenn Payne. The Cathedrals sang at my church in Virginia. He told me:"Vocalize daily and never sing out of your range. Remember, God gave you the ability and desire. Honor Him with a servant's heart."
Now God says it's time to tell my story of how God has brought me out from a long 'wilderness time' of sin, shame and disgrace to where I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment