Tuesday, July 27, 2010
SGM Radio Blog’s Top Ten: The Waldens
We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Southern Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!
The Waldens are husband and wife team, Gene and Kim Walden, from Paris, TN. They are on staff at Tennessee Valley Community Church as Directors of Worship & Youth. (www.waldensongs.com)
The Waldens’s Top Ten by Gene Walden
1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?
Our latest recording is the self-titled CD, The Waldens. Of course every song is my favorite but if I had to choose just one, it would be a song that Kim and I wrote entitled Little Things. It depicts a couple of real life scenarios that we might typically overlook but God’s hand of providence was in control of those situations. In essence, He loves us so much that He’s involved in every area of our life and “He’s Big In The Little Things”.
2. Have you been on a mission trip? If you have, where did you go? If you haven’t, would you like to and where would you want to go?
Actually, we are taking our Youth to Townsend, TN. We will be working in campgrounds doing daycamps and family evening programs through a local mission organization called CHARM .
3. What was the best decade for music? Favorite artist from that decade?
80’s- The Hinsons, Mid South, The Cathedrals, Singing Americans, etc……
4. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
5. What would be your fantasy venue, the one stage in the world where you would like to sing?
Prime Time on all the major TV networks
6. Who is your favorite Christian author/teacher/evangelist?
7. What is one habit you would like to break?
Corn Flakes at midnight
8. Name a song that once it gets stuck in your head you can’t get it out.
Matt Redman’s -You Never Let Go, Greater Vision – It Pays To Pray
9. Name a character trait or fruit of the spirit you would really like to develop in your life.
Gentleness and kindness!
10. What is the last book you read?
The Air I Breathe