Thursday, July 11, 2013

LORETTA LYNN TO HOST INAUGURAL GOSPEL MUSIC FESTIVAL

Country Legend Welcomes Gospel Greats to Hurricane Mills, TN
Nashville, TN – The hills will ring with the glorious sounds of Gospel music as Loretta Lynn welcomes fans to the inaugural “Loretta Lynn’s Gospel Music Festival” to be held at her Hurricane Mills, TN ranch September 28-29, 2013.

The Country music icon has a well-documented love of Gospel music and has consistently shared music of faith in her concerts and recordings. Now, for the first time, she welcomes the music to her home as the top acts in Gospel music plan to perform during the two-day inspirational event.

“Its kind of like an old-time “all-day singing and dinner on the ground,” says Ms. Lynn. “I got to thinking. I have a big ranch where I live so I decided to throw a good ole Gospel weekend here! I want family and friends to bring a blanket, set up a picnic and then enjoy some of my favorite Gospel music singers! I may even come down and sing a song myself! I hope it will be something we can keep going every year. I already have a big campground and cabins where people can stay. We also have a big stage - we have concerts all summer and have done so since 1974.”

Scheduled to appear during the two-day event are Mark Lowry, The Hoppers, The Isaacs, Karen Peck & New River, Gold City, Rambo-McGuire, The Singing Cookes, The Freemans, Brian Free & Assurance, Michael Combs, Archie Watkins & Smoky Mountain Reunion, and The Sneed Family.

For those arriving early on Friday night, September 27, 2013, there will be a special bon-fire and sing-a-long beginning at 8:00 PM.

"I should have started this years ago," comments Lynn. "But, it's never too late - I am inviting everyone to my ranch to have a great ole Gospel time! It'll be a fun time for the whole family. Speaking of family, I want to thank Jeff Sneed and The Sneed Family for helping me plan and promote this Gospel Music Festival. We sure are looking forward to this special time!"

Loretta Lynn’s Ranch in Hurricane Mills, TN is the perfect destination for this amazing weekend of Gospel music. The full service RV park features primitive camping, pools, canoeing, paddle boats and more. Guests can also tour Loretta’s plantation home, the Butcher Holler Home Place, and her brand-new 18,000 square foot “Coal Miner’s Daughter” museum.

Tickets are on sale now and more information can be found online at LorettaLynn.com or by calling the ranch at 931-296-7700.

No comments:

Post a Comment