Thursday, May 27, 2010

SGM Radio Blog’s Top Ten: Crossway



We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Southern Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!

Crossway
We are Matt McFarland and Paul Smith and together we make up Crossway. Based out of Nashville, we travel everywhere we can sharing the Good News of the gospel. We are firm believers and living testimonies to His unfailing love and grace

Becky Goble
My name is Becky Goble and I am blessed to be able to work with an amazingly talented group known as Crossway. I handle their booking and am acting administrator to their web pages as well. I have known them since the quartet days when I booked them into the church I was attending. Before the concert they allowed my boys, then 4 and 6, to “help” with the equipment and then thanked them from stage. The rest is history!


Crossway’s Top Ten, by Matt McFarland, Paul Smith and Becky Goble

1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?
Crossway’s Latest release is entitled “Unfailing Love”. It was written by Matt. I think God’s love is so often put into this little box and limited by our human understanding. This song reminds us that His ways are higher…His love greater than we can comprehend. It truly is the only love that will never fail. ~Paul

2. What is one group highlight from the last 12 months?
We actually took the stage following a Christian metal band one night and I would have to say that was an experience. Many of the band members stayed for our concert and even bought CDs! ~Paul

3. Have you been on a mission trip? If you have, where did you go? If you haven’t, would you like to go and where would you want to go?
I have not been on a mission trip. I will be honest in saying that I think our country needs to have more mission trips within its boundaries. A young lady from our youth group is going to inner city Chicago this summer. I think somewhere like that would be my choice. ~Becky

4. What is the furthest place you have been from your current hometown?
I lived in California for a couple years in my early 20’s. I have never been out of the country. Yeah, it’s sad, but true! ~Becky

5. What is your most favorite technological ‘gadget’?
Good grief, I am so not technologically inclined or equipped! That is where Paul comes in! I could say that the man would not survive long without his iPhone and that it has come in handy more than once when they were on the road and they had questions. I could email the info and they had everything they needed! Matt, who made fun of Paul and his iPhone at first is now equally addicted to his. ~ Becky

6. What was the best decade for music? Favorite artist from that decade?
I grew up in the 80’s and still love it. My Christian music favorites were the Paynes, The Hinsons, Gold City and the Inspirations. On the secular side, I gravitated to Air Supply, REO Speedwagon, Journey and Alabama.~ Becky

7. Who is your most favorite Bible person/character?
Paul, thus my answer for the next question. ~Matt

8. What is your favorite Bible verse?
Pretty much all of Romans 8 & 9! ~ Matt

9. What is your favorite thing to shop for?
Fishing stuff and….fishing stuff. ~ Matt

10. What is the last book you read?
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I am reading my way through all his books at the moment. ~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment