Tuesday, May 4, 2010

SGM Radio Blog’s Top Ten: Kathy Woodward


We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Southern Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!

Kathy Woodward

My name is Kathy Woodward and I was born in Bay City, Michigan. I am a singer, songwriter, vocal coach and speaker. I am married to Steve and we have seven children; six boys and one girl. We live in Reynolds Station, Kentucky. I became a member of my first southern gospel group at age 16. After meeting the Hinsons, I knew music ministry was my call. I sang and traveled with various groups for years and am now a soloist for a season. You can find more details at www.kathywoodwardministries.com


Kathy Woodward’s Top Ten

1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?

The title of my latest recording is Never A Day Late or A Dollar Short. I guess the title song is my favorite. The message is that no matter what’s going on or not going on in our lives, God is never a day late or a dollar short. He is willing ready and quite able to take care of us in every situation, so don't lose heart!

2. What is one group highlight from the last 12 months?

I had the opportunity to spend the weekend with some of the greatest songwriters in southern gospel music, at the Gospelmusicsongwriter.com Revival in Nashville TN.

3. What artist are you listening to right now?

Talley Trio

4. What was the best decade for music? Favorite artist from that decade?

I would have to say the late 70’s, early 80's were the best decades. The Hinsons were definitely my most favorite artist from this time period.

5. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

Unlimited energy

6. Who is your favorite Christian author/teacher/evangelist?

Max Lucado is my favorite author/teacher and Darlene Bishop is my favorite evangelist.

7. Who is your most favorite Bible person/character?

Paul, there weren't many people that had a heart for Jesus and people like Paul did.

8. What is your favorite Bible verse?

"While we were yet sinners Christ died for us", Romans 5:8.

9. Name a song that once it gets stuck in your head you can’t get it out.

That McDonalds’ Filet-O-Fish sandwich song.

10. What is the last book you read?

"Why Christian Kids Rebel", a must read for any parent or youth worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment