Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SGM Radio Blog’s Top Ten: Rick King


We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Southern Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!

Rick Alan King

I am based out Of Goodlettsville TN and married to Lana, who is also my sound tech. My dog Rosie usually travels with us to all dates. I play the keyboard on most dates and always ask for a lot of audience participation. My concerts consist of stories, laughter and music that I hope has an impact on all who attend. I am an entertainer, but my purpose is not for entertainment; my entertainment is for a purpose, to bring songs of love and hope to all.


Rick King’s Top Ten

1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?

My latest recording is entitled Stand Up. My favorite selection from this project would probably be Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus, the old traditional church hymn which I and my producer, took to a whole new level. If ever we as Christians needed to stand up, it is now!

2. What is one group highlight from the last 12 months?

I have had a very good past year with some charting songs, good dates and a new project. Probably the single most important thing or highlight would be a few weeks back, when some people just up out of their seat, came forward and were greatly touched by the message in my music.

3. What is your favorite TV series rerun?

I Love Lucy

4. What was the best decade for music? Favorite artist from that decade?

I loved the 70's and The Rambos and Downings.

5. Brush with greatness…who have you met that you couldn’t wait to tell your friends and family about?

Dolly Parton

6. What would be your fantasy venue, the one stage in the world where you would like to sing?

Carnegie Hall

7. Who is your most favorite Bible person/character?
Noah

8. What is your favorite Bible verse?

Ephesians 5:19-20

9. Name a song that once it gets stuck in your head you can’t get it out

The Do-Re-Mi song.

10. Name a character trait or fruit of the spirit you would really like to develop in your life.

Love and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment