Thursday, May 6, 2010

SGM Radio Blog’s Top Ten: The Minister’s Quartet


We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Southern Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!

The Minister’s Quartet by Jerry ‘JT’ Tinkle

The Minister's Quartet, based out of Muncie, Indiana, has been together for over 6 years. The current makeup of Larry Lambert, Danny Lee Burr Jr., Jerry 'JT' Tinkle, and Ron Pence has been together for almost a year. They travel throughout the Midwest on a love-offering basis to most venues, proclaiming the message of Jesus Christ through Southern Gospel music. Their overall mission is to be a blessing to all who hear them, while proclaiming the salvation message thru music. It is their goal to see even one more soul saved each time they take the stage.

The Minister’s Quartet Top Ten by JT Tinkle

1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?

The title of our latest recording is "Thanks To Calvary". I think my favorite song on the album has got to be "Look For Me At Jesus' Feet". The way Danny presents the song just takes your breath away at times. He's amazing! The message is that even if you get to Heaven before I do, don't waste your time looking for me all over Heaven, just look for me at the feet of Jesus, clinging to His every word. I've been waiting to see Him for so long, where else would I be?

2. What is one group highlight from the last 12 months?

The highlight would have to be when Danny got married. We were scheduled to sing at a church in Bunker Hill, Indiana. Danny wanted to get married after the service. So, we made arrangements with the pastor. Larry (an ordained minister) did the service, Ron was best man, and I stood at the side by the door, to prevent him from bolting out the door!

3. Have you been on a mission trip? If you have, where did you go? If you haven’t, would you like to and where would you want to go?

I have never been on a mission trip personally, but my wife works for IDES (International Disaster Emergency Service) and they go all over the world with mission trips. Right now, they are trying to help Haiti. I would love to go there to help rebuild homes for those people.

4. What is the furthest place you have been from your current hometown?

Punta Gorda, Florida. My grandparents lived down there, and my mother and I flew down there to see them a couple years ago. I guess I don't get out much!!

5. Brush with greatness…who have you met that you couldn’t wait to tell your friends and family about?

Last year at Branson Gospel Music Convention we met Dino Kartsonakis backstage. He and his wife Cheryl were so neat to talk with, so personable. I couldn't wait to call my wife and tell her.

6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
The ability to fly. Then I could go anywhere, at any time, and not have to worry about how much it was going to cost.

7. What is your favorite Bible verse?

Psalms 118:24--"This is the day the Lord hath made. We shall rejoice and be glad therein."

8. Name a song that once it gets stuck in your head you can’t get it out.
The theme song from Two And A Half Men.

9. Name a character trait or fruit of the spirit you would really like to develop in your life.

Trusting God. I tend to try to do it myself rather than put things into His hands.

10. What is the last book you read?

The Bible. Read it every morning while at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment