Monday, March 1, 2010
SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten: The Gann Family
We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Southern Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!
The Gann Family…by Calvin Gann
The Gann Family consists of Calvin Gann and his wife Debbie, their daughter Amy Gann Henderson, her husband Matt, and their son Cory Gann. All of the family sings, Calvin plays the piano, Cory plays the drums, Matt runs sound. Matt and Amy’s son, two-year-old Mason also travels with us. We all live in Panama City, FL.
The Gann Family’s Top Ten
1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?
Latest recording is “Share the Call” on the Paradigm label. Favorite song on there is “Something Happens”. It talks about the power in the name of Jesus and how awesome He is.
2. What is one group highlight from the last 12 months?
We have had many highlights. We have performed at Dollywood, NQC, SGM Fanfare, and covered 7 states in our travels. The highlights are that fact the God has met us everywhere we go.
3. Have you been on a mission trip? If you have, where did you go? If you haven’t, would you like to and where would you want to go?
Our son Cory has been to Mexico, and Egypt. He is planning to be a foreign missionary.
4. What is your favorite vacation destination? Favorite vacation activity?
We like Lake Martin in Alabama. Our favorite activities are boating, skiing and eating.
5. Brush with greatness…who have you met that you couldn’t wait to tell your friends and family about?
Bill Gaither, Mark Farner (Grand Funk fame), Ann Downing (Downings were one of my favorite groups growing up) Kenny Hinson (one of my all time favorite singers), and Michael English; we did a couple of events with him and he is an awesome singer.
6. If you could visit any planet, which one would it be and why?
Venus – maybe I could figure my wife out.
7. What would be your fantasy venue, the one stage in the world where you would like to sing?
Radio City Music Hall – with Brooklyn Tabernacle in a worship service.
8. Who is your most favorite Bible person/character?
Paul, he was sold out after his conversion.
9. What is your favorite Bible verse?
10. Name a character trait or fruit of the spirit you would really like to develop in your life.
More JOY – I have joy, I want to show it more.