Monday, March 22, 2010

SGM Radio Blog’s Top Ten: Miles Pike


We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Southern Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!

Miles Pike…by Miles Pike
I am a new Southern Gospel music artist from Jacksonville, Texas and president of Miles Pike Music; a multifunctional, non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. I am heavily involved in concert presentations and other facets of ministry in churches, prisons, and many other venues. I seek to encourage and unify the Body of Christ through honest testimony, heartfelt lyrics, and powerful vocals. Check out my website at www.MilesPikeMusic.com. I have some free music downloads for members and much, much more!

Miles Pike’s Top Ten

1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?
My newest CD is titled, Timeless Songs: For Times Like These, and it is a collection of my favorite hymns and classics with a whole new approach from my heart. After I got through choosing the song selection, I realized there was a common thread throughout. That thread is best expressed in one of the songs I've been doing every concert, "I'm Going Through". My desire is to see the Church rise to the occasion in these last days. This is a song, and a project of edification for God's People.

2. What is one highlight from the last 12 months?
God blessed my socks off when He saw fit to bless me with my first #1 song in The Christian Voice Magazine's March issue! Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me, is the song and it is my introductory radio release to the nation. What a tremendous blessing to receive such a warm welcome from the fans and DJs in the Gospel Music field.

3. Where is your favorite place to eat on the road?
My goodness, there have been so many different places that have made my tongue slap my brains out! I have never wanted for good dining when God's people provide. It's hard to beat the hole-in-the-wall joints in the middle of nowhere. They'll surprise you! A few favorites would be Brown's 100 FOOT BUFFET in Benton, AR and Stoll's Amish Restaurant in Linton, IN.

4. Have you been on a mission trip? If you have, where did you go? If you haven’t, would you like to and where would you want to go?
I have been on a mission trip to Mexico before and am planning trips to work with the natives of Alaska and also to South Africa.

5. What is your favorite vacation destination? Favorite vacation activity?
I had the privilege of traveling to The Holy Land on two separate occasions and to say it changed my life would be a gross understatement! During both trips, some of the most special moments were when I had the opportunity to sing at seven different locations, including The Upper Room, The Garden Tomb, and The Mount of Olives overlooking the Holy City. What memories!

6. What is one habit you would like to break?
Watching "SpongeBob Squarepants" on occasion. It even disturbs me that I get entertainment from any such thing.

7. Who is your most favorite Bible person/character?
Lately, I've been reading and thinking about Hosea, but I love Paul's writings to the Church.

8. What is your favorite Bible verse?
My favorite verse changes all the time depending on what I'm going through at the time. Right now Matthew 6:33 is hitting home for me. No matter what I may be worrying about, just seek God and His will and everything that I need will not only come to me, but in the right timing.

9. Name a character trait or fruit of the spirit you would really like to develop in your life.
I would have to say that an extra dose of agape love never hurt anybody. If we love God and man as we should, then treating them right just comes natural. Jesus wasn't wasting time when He said, "The greatest of these is love."

10. What is the last book you read?
As I mentioned, I am legally blind from birth, but can see just enough that people can't usually notice it. Because of that, audio books are my friend. Glenn Beck's, "Arguing With Idiots" and C.S. Lewis', "Chronicles of Narnia" are my most recent reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment