Friday, March 26, 2010

SGM Radio Blog’s Top Ten: Second Generation


We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Southern Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!

Second Generation – By Lorraine Walker
Second Generation is composed of sisters Brenda Denney and Elaine Robinson, along with Jimmy Hoskins. The trio went full-time in 2008 and has earned several charting songs and award nominations. Second Generation makes their home in Arkansas. For more information: www.2ndgenerationministries.com


Second Generation’s Brenda Denney – Top Ten Questions

1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?

The title of the CD is I See A City. My favorite song is Feel The Joy. The message in this song is simple hang on to your joy. In the world we live there are so many people that are down and out. They are defeated. And without your joy you are flat-lined spiritually. The Word says that “The joy of the Lord is our strength.”


2. What is one group highlight from the last 12 months?

I think for us it was in Gatlinburg TN at the Gatlinburg Gathering. We sang at the afternoon showcase and were chosen to advance to the main-stage for that evening concert. At the end of the night we got to share the platform with Karen Peck and New River, The Hoppers, the Crist Family and so many more. What a night… I had chills the entire time.



3. What artist are you listening to right now? Who is in your player?

Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. I just got the new CD and I love it.. I have all styles of music in my Ipod: Southern Gospel, Choirs, Contemporary, Press Play (my son is the drummer), Jesus Culture, LeeLand, Carrie Underwood. A little of everything.

4. What would be your fantasy venue, the one stage in the world where you would like to sing?

Our dream is Main Stage NQC. As kids we grew up in a singing family and would go to NQC every year. We would sit there and dream of singing on that stage. The other would be to appear with Bill Gaither and the Homecoming Tour. We grew up watching all the videos and listening to them all. What an honor that will be some day. We are just waiting on the calls from Clarke & Bill.

5. Who is your favorite Christian author/teacher/evangelist?

There are several. Joyce Myers, Beth Moore, Billy Graham are just a few.

6. What is one habit you would like to break?

I would like to kick my Dr Pepper habit. It really is bad! My family and close friends know what I mean.

7. Who is your most favorite Bible person/character?

I would say Esther. I admire her for her strength.

8. What is your favorite Bible verse?

Jeremiah 29:11 “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’”

9. Name a song that once it gets stuck in your head you can’t get it out.

You Are My Sunshine.


10. What is the last book you read?

It’s Tough Being A Woman (the study of Esther)

No comments:

Post a Comment