Monday, April 5, 2010
SGM Radio Blog’s Top Ten: Brothers Forever
We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Southern Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!
Brothers Forever by Curtis Hagy
Originally organized in 2004 as a quartet, Brothers Forever, under the leadership of founding group member, Curtis Hagy, recently transitioned into the trio that you hear today. The groups current line up is Curtis Hagy, Gary Ballew, and Chris Higginbottom. Throughout the past two years, the group, which is based in Gate City, VA, has celebrated five Number One songs and has gained national attention from fans, pastors and promoters alike.
Brothers Forever - Top Ten by Curtis Hagy
1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?
Our latest CD is called Sheltered and my favorite song on the album is I Feel A Blessing Coming On. The message behind the song is that we all get down and out, discouraged, and we carry around burdens. However, we should be expecting a blessing from God because He delights in blessing His children.
2. What is one group highlight from the last 12 months?
We were nominated in Feb 2010 for Favorite Southern Gospel Group by The Christian Music Hall of Fame, along with The Gaither Vocal Band, The Booth Brothers, The Nelons, and Greater Vision.
3. What is your favorite TV series rerun?
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
4. Have you been on a mission trip? If you have, where did you go? If you haven’t, would you like to and where would you want to go?
I have never been on a mission trip but we are planning one with Compassion International for late 2010. I would like to go to Haiti and visit my sponsored boy Alexander Azor.
5. What artist are you listening to right now?
6. Brush with greatness…who have you met that you couldn’t wait to tell your friends and family about?
Boyz II Men. I met them in March 2009
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
To know what people are thinking or feeling. I just love to help people by nature and this would be an insightful gift.
8. What would be your fantasy venue, the one stage in the world where you would like to sing?
The Super Bowl Half time show. More people watch The Super Bowl than any other program. Can you imagine the millions that would hear the gospel through song?!
9. What is one habit you would like to break?
Worrying about what people think of me.
10. What is the last book you read?
The Bait of Satan by John Bevere.