Monday, April 19, 2010
SGM Radio Blog’s Top Ten: Weston Hinson & By Faith
We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Southern Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!
Weston Hinson & By Faith …by Christy Hinson
Weston Hinson & By Faith are from Caddo Mills, TX. Weston Hinson is the son of the late Kenny Hinson and he is lead vocals, harmonies, and sometimes on keys or drums.
Christy Hinson, Weston’s wife, is high harmony, some lead vocals and song writer for the group. Connie Miller (Christy’s mom) sings the mid range harmonies and is a song writer, as well as sometimes playing the keyboard.
Thomas Miller (Connie’s husband) sings some lead, bass, and baritone vocals, and also plays guitar and bass.
Weston Hinson & By Faith: Top Ten by Christy Hinson
1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?
Home With You Tonight.” Favorite song? That’s hard. Probably “Hold Me Lord” My mom wrote it and I know where it came from so I can relate to it, just like I know so many other people will as well.
2. What is one group highlight from the last 12 months?
Probably getting our CD!! It’s our first!
3. What is your favorite TV series rerun?
4. What artist are you listening to right now?
My 5-month-old nephew. He has a great set of lungs!
5. What was the best decade for music? Favorite artist from that decade?
80’s! Can I say ”The Original Hinson’s?
6. Brush with greatness…who have you met that you couldn’t wait to tell your friends and family about?
Laura Bush, sweet lady!
7. What is one habit you would like to break?
8. Name a song that once it gets stuck in your head you can’t get it out.
“You Don’t Love Me Like That” It’s a song I wrote, that Weston and I always sing to each other as a joke if one of us will not do something the other wants them to do!
9. What is your favorite thing to shop for?
10. What is the last book you read?
Eve, By Ted Dekker. It was kinda spooky.