Thursday, April 15, 2010

SGM Radio Blog’s Top Ten: Diane Gillaspy


We are thrilled to share with you these mini-interviews with some great Southern Gospel artists! Check back often to see who is next on the SGM Radio Blog's Top Ten!

Diane Gillaspy

Hello, I am Diane M. Gillaspy, I’m a solo artist and my home is in Northern Alabama. I sing and write Southern Country/Country/Bluegrass music. I love to play my guitar, although I just play chords but sometimes that is all that is needed to minister the word in song to touch someone's heart. I have recorded in Nashville, TN and in Cullman, AL and released two CD's, God's Country and Tear Drops of Silver & Gold being the latest release.


Diane Gillapsy’s Top Ten

1. Please tell us the name of your latest recording and your favorite song from that CD. What is the message behind this song?

Tear Drops of Silver & Gold. Daddy Knew The Bible is my favorite song. The message behind this song is how important it is to have a parent who will teach their child about the love of Jesus and his forgiveness of sins (no matter what that sin is) and the price he paid for that forgiveness. That there is hope for eternal life after this life, all we have to do is go to the Lord and repent of our sin and ask Jesus into our hearts and make him Lord of our life. To know that one day we will meet again and live eternally with the Lord forever, never ending. Eternal Peace!


2. What is one group highlight from the last 12 months?

Working on my new CD, Tear Drops of Silver and Gold. To have the opportunity to have my own songs recorded.


3. Have you been on a mission trip? No If you have, where did you go? If you haven’t, would you like to and where would you want to go?
Wherever the Lord sent me, I would go. I guess Russia would be a place of interest for me more so than any other.

4. What was the best decade for music?
50/60/70
Favorite artist from that decade? Blackwood Brothers

5. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
The power of being a healer of broken hearts and sickness.


6. What is one habit you would like to break?

To quit talking so much and become a better listener

7. Who is your most favorite Bible person/character?
Other than Jesus, it would be Moses

8. Name a song that once it gets stuck in your head you can’t get it out.
My God is Real

9. What is your favorite thing to shop for?
Shoes, shoes, shoes and more shoes!

10. Name a character trait or fruit of the spirit you would really like to develop in your life.
To better be able to understand what the Holy Spirit is leading me to do. To learn to be still and listen when he nuges me to move or pray or minister when the opportunity is there and carry through. Sometimes I miss the boat here and realize it when it is to late.

No comments:

Post a Comment